Monday, July 12, 2021

'Bubble Bobble'

 Two dinosaurs armed with nothing but their burps to tackle their foes face level after level of increased difficulty to save their girlfriends from the Cave of Monsters.  

This is 'Bubble Bobble' and it marks a distinction of being one of the few games that my sister would willingly play with me.

It is an insanely fun game, trapping your enemies in bubbles and then satisfyingly pop them as they met their demise.  And the levels never seemed to end.  There are a hundred levels in this game and it takes some stamina to get through them all, particularly as in the NES there was no save game option.  You basically had to do this in one go.

Playing the old games now I wondered how the hell I ever managed to finish these as I struggle with the sheer hardcore toughness those oldies had.  

It was colourful and full of antics that kept you on your toes, especially the big fat purple whale that would haunt you if you didn't finish the level in time.  There was no time to think, only to act and to act decisively.

A formative gaming experience for me and my sister and a treasured memory of those happy moments.  


Now it's audience participation time!  If you enjoyed this blog and my previous work than you can help support me in a few ways:
- by being my patron on Patreon.com
-give a one off donation with Buy Me a Coffee
-Buy one of my literary books
-Share this blog on your social media
-Leave a comment, you can even recommend me book
-Follow me

I can't stress enough how much all this helps me and how in the long run it will help you, so if you can and you want to please support my free content so I can keep on producing my beloved blog.

Live long and prosper.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

'Siberia'

 I was always more into story driven games than action or racing based games.  I loved controlling a narrative and the form taught me a lot ...