Tuesday, May 23, 2023

'Siberia'

 I was always more into story driven games than action or racing based games.  I loved controlling a narrative and the form taught me a lot about storytelling.  One of the best point-and-click games on the PC was 'Siberia' where you play as a young woman on a big adventure.

It's one of the better games of it's type as the puzzles are not illogical and you can master it without recourse to a FAQ.  

It is a beautiful game, full of inspired scenes and locations, great dialog and lovable characters that have charm and grace.  The world is so fully realised that you really feel that you are part of it, and remarkable that is.

It's amazing what one can do with a computer and to play such a game on one makes the technology worth having.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Siberia'

 I was always more into story driven games than action or racing based games.  I loved controlling a narrative and the form taught me a lot ...